Mittwoch, 19. November 2008

existence - life

A friend of mine said the following to me, some days ago: At the moment I don´t live, I just exist! I´ve thought of its meaning. Do you "only exist", when you work day by day, and every night? When you study and see no end? Don´t you live, when you know you´re ill and all you´re waiting for is the operation, that will decide on your life? Or is existence a synonym for "life without waiting"? Does it mean, we don´t think of tomorrow or that we DO think of the future every day? Can´t you live, when you love someone, who doesn´t care about you? Or even doesn´t know, that you exist (and yeah, only exist)?
I´ve never said, I´d exist. To me it´s a strange expression. An argument doesn´t exist, a nice restaurant in a city doesn´t exist and an internet connection does exist or doesn´t. But life? I guess, just the word LIFE is a much bigger thing. That´s probably, why my friend said, she wouldn´t live. Existence is an uninspiring word, like a vegetable.
My answer was very simple: "Existence" and "life" don´t fit together for me. Existence is probably a thing without feeling, without emotion, without pain, fun and discussion. A silent, shy and crippling situation. So I hope you gonna make it going through without thinking.

Keine Kommentare: