Freitag, 3. Oktober 2008

"I´m from Bavaria, that´s near Germany"

For us from Franconia it´s very simple. He, our indian - franconian himself- had to go, ´cause he hasn´t been bavarian. I mean, he isn´t. We franconians are not bavarians.
I´ve had a course called "Regionalism" in my first year at university. Our lecturer was franconian. He loved to emphasize that and to draw a comparison. On the one hand Ireland and Great Britain/ Catalonia and Spain/ Quebec and Canada/ South Tyrol and Italy/... On the other hand: Franconia and Bavaria. Our room became a franconian hall of fame. Emblems, songs and scripts.
The whole thing is not about hating Bavaria. When you ask me, where I´m from in Germany, I say Bavaria, proudly. First of all a foreigner doesn´t know about Franconia, and secondly Bavaria is still the best state to live in, in our country. Well -of course-, it´s my home... And for some economic, lifestyle and level of education reasons. (by the way, if you´d separate Franconia from Bavaria, it wouldn´t be only a tiny state in Germany and in addition it´d be one of the most developed states)
If you see it from a foreigners, not affected point of view, it´s all about EGOISM and ARROGANCE. But it´s just important, to be proud, sometimes...
It´s a pity, that he went away... I just hope, he´ll come back to his home. I don´t like Nürnberg, but it´s franconian at least. So, my dear failed indian, welcome back!

Keine Kommentare: