Montag, 30. März 2009

the lie about the truth

We tend to say the truth. Just in general. And as our parents and teachers, our lovers and friends always teach us to do so, it´s ok. But what about this big lie in saying neither the truth nor the lie? What about this big thing about not saying a big thing? Should we call someone a liar, when he or she didn´t tell us anything over years? Where is the line between "a friend of mine" and "the person, i´m telling everything"? And are we really obligated to spread out our entire life´s story to someone, we would call "a close person"?
I don´t know. I mean, it´s important to have different kind of "close persons". I´m convinced, that someone is not able to be THE closest person for someone else. Apart from a partner. Maybe.
In my opinion, not telling everything to somebody, you tell a lot, is not a lie. Sometimes we just want to protect the other one. And, of course, sometimes we want to protect ourselves. This kind of egoism should be allowed. A certain kind and portion of egoism goes along with everything, human beings are doing.
I´ve those kind of lying truthes, too. Things, I should maybe tell someone. But as I said, we are just willing to do, what protects people around us and ourselves.
But if one day anybody comes to me and asks me about those cryptic truthes, I won´t lie.

Keine Kommentare: